Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Story Enders

pencil

Use the following endings to stories to come up with the beginning and middle. This is an unusual twist on the story starter.

1. My friend and I walked hand in hand out of the school. It was the best day I can ever remember.

2. I will never forget the day I spent in the principal's office. The next time my friend Larry asks me to do him a favor, I will run the other way.

3. My dog Molly is the best dog in the whole world. If it wasn't for her I would have drowned in the lake today. She saved my life.

4. The zookeeper locked the gorilla cage and the crowd walked to their cars. I bet that Shawn will think twice the next time he pounds on the glass of the gorilla enclosure at the zoo. It could have turned out much worse than it did.

5. We filed off the bus one at a time. Our bodies were covered with dirt, our clothes were torn, and we had calluses on our hands, but we all had smiles on our faces.

6. The team lifted me onto their shoulders and carried me around the gym. I looked at the shiny trophy in my hand and smiled. It has been the best basketball season ever.

7. I fell out of the two-man sailboat and kissed the sand. What a day! I never thought I would see the land again two hours ago when the fog was surrounding us. My sailing days are over.

8. The crowd was cheering as I lifted my face out of the pie pan. I never heard them until I had finished the whole cherry pie. I bet no one ever expected a skinny kid like me to iwn the pie eating contest today, but then they don't know my secret.

9. We covered the hideout with leaves and sticks. Hopefully no one would ever find our special place in the woods. It would be our secret for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home