Sunday, August 27, 2006

Let's Play Pretend

pirate

Let's play pretend for today.

Close your eyes and imagine

We're very far away.

I sail across a bright blue sea

a spy glass in my hand.

With a parrot on my shoulder

Ahoy! A piece of land.

I ride upon a noble steed

up to the castle gate.

I need armor and a sword

to slay a dragon. I can't be late.

I blast off in my rocket ship

As sky and stars drift by.

A helmet and suit protect me.

Oh, how I love to fly!

I draw and paint a picture

with colors bold and bright

Paints and brushes are the tools

I use until it's just right.

I rope and lasso steer

and lead the cattle drive.

I sleep under the stars at night.

It's so great to be alive.

I sail, I ride, I fly, I paint, I hope,

I act, I dream, I believe, I wish, I hope.

I love to play pretend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home