Sunday, January 14, 2007

Animal Story Starters

zebra

Use the following story starters to write an animal story.

1. If I could be any animal for a day, I would be a _______. Write about what you would do during your day as an animal.

2. I wish my pet could talk to me. If my pet could talk, this is what he/she would tell me about…

3. My science teacher asked us to create a new animal. We could combine any animals together to create a new creature. I would make a ______. He would be the greatest because he would be able to ________.

4. Some dogs help blind people by becoming Seeing Eye dogs. Other dogs help police officers or firemen. I would like to train dogs to help with…

5. I would love to be a bird. I could fly anywhere I wanted. Write about your flying adventures if you were a bird. Tell the story as if you were a bird.

6. Pretend you are a zoo animal. People come and visit you every day. How do you feel about living in a zoo? What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

7. If animals ran the world instead of people they would…

8. I think we could save many of the world’s endangered animals. I have a plan for how we could do this.

9. Write about the most beautiful zoo or aquarium you have ever visited. Why did you love it?

10. What would your life be like if there were no animals?

11. Pretend you are a bird. Write a story about how you build your nest. How do you collect the sticks? What do you use to make the materials stick together? How large is your nest and where is it resting?

12. If I could pick any animal to be my school mascot, I would choose a _____ because…

13. I wish I could take my dog to school for the day. We would have so much fun. He could help my class in so many ways. Write about spending the day at school with your dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home