Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Winter Story Starters

winter

Use the following story starters to write a winter story.

1. I was sledding down a giant hill when suddenly I….

2. Sharp icicles hung from my garage. I had a great idea on what to do with them when I saw the neighborhood bully walking down my street. I …..

3. I made a nice fat snowman and dressed him in a top hat and scarf. When I woke up the next morning he was missing. I had a real mystery on my hands.

4. I was skating on the pond by my house when suddenly the ice cracked. I hollered and hollered for help. I panicked as I started slipping into the freezing water.

5. Describe the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen. What were you doing while you watched it?

6. In my hometown it never snows. I knew it would take a miracle to get snow on Christmas Eve. The weatherman said it might happen this year …..

7. I had never been snow skiing before. I went to ski school and you will never believe what happened to me. I started down the hill….

8. My friend dared me to stick out my tongue and touch it to the freezing cold light pole. I took her dare and it stuck. You will never believe what happened then.

9. I was worried about the animals and birds outside of my house. I thought they must get very cold in the winter. I came up with a plan for how to keep them warm this winter.

10. My goals for the New Year are….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home