Saturday, May 13, 2006

Summer Story Starters

notebook

If you want to help your kids keep their writing skills strong during the summer, give them a little nudge with these summer story starters.

1
I saw a shiny object on the bottom of the pool. When I dove in the pool, I couldn't believe my eyes.

2
I set up a lemonade stand on my driveway. When I ran out of lemonade I decided to sell something really unusual.

3
My family doesn't have a pool, but I love to play in the water. My friends and I found a great place to swim.

4
We drove across the country during my summer vacation. It was a normal trip until we stopped at a gas station and a stranger walked up to our car.

5
My family went for a hike in the woods. Everything was fine until my dad stepped on a poisonous snake.

6
The best part about summer is sleeping in. One morning I slept so late I almost forgot about the most important day of my life.

7
I was so bored one day in the middle of summer I did something crazy.

8
My best friend was moving to a new state during the summer. We only had two weeks of summer vacation together. Here is what we did with our two weeks.

9
My family took a trip to the Grand Canyon. We rode mules to the bottom of the canyon. The trip took a turn for the worse.

10
My best friends and I built a secret clubhouse so the neighborhood bully couldn't find us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home