Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Every Story Must Come to an End

stop sign

A story with a great ending is one that you will remember forever. Sometimes you know how you want your story to end before you write it. Listed below are fifteen endings for a story. Choose one of the endings and write a story to go with it.

1. I sunk my shovel into the dirt and heard the clunk of metal. Could it be the treasure chest?

2. I found my dog up in the tree with the neighbor's cat.

3. "I've never been so embarrassed in my life," said my mother.

4. I never knew my dad liked to explore caves as much as I do.

5. We saw flashlight beams coming towards us in the dark. We were saved!

6. The bus driver said, "I quit. This is the worst field trip I have ever been on."

7. My teacher laughed so hard she fell out of her chair.

8. As the boy walked away, he looked back over his shoulder at me.

9. The audience cheered as I took my bows.

10. "Thanks," he said. "I couldn't have done it without you."

11. "I'm sorry," I said.

12. I guess my little sister isn't so bad after all.

13. Today was probably the most exciting day of my life.

14. Next time I won't sleep in and miss all the excitement.

15. I waved goodbye as the moving van pulled out of sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home